Coronation Street The Tour
Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which you are booking Coronation Street The Tour. By securing a Booking or receiving any other product or service from Us, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1.1 When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they denote: they will mean:
Booking(s): The securing of a place or places on a Tour
WE / OUR / US: Continuum (Entertainment) Limited (CRN: 01950293), located at St Edmunds House, Margaret Street, York, YO10 4UX
2.1 When you submit a request for a Booking, this does not mean WE have accepted your order for a Booking. These Terms will become binding on you and US when WE issue you with a written acceptance of a request for a Booking and WE confirm that WE can accommodate your request. At that point, a contract will come into existence between you and US.
2.2 WE reserve the right to limit the number of tickets available to individuals and companies in order to protect fairness and to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. Tickets may be restricted by number per person, company, value, or tour timings and dates.
2.3 All persons wishing to visit Coronation Street The Tour must book a Tour through our Booking process.
2.4 All bookings have been made subject to the details provided via the web bookings system or phone enquiry. Please check you Booking details as timings may have been adjusted to accommodate Booking demands. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details on your Booking as mistakes may not always be able to be rectified.
2.5 All dates and timings of the Bookings remain provisional until full payment has been received. Once full payment has been received the date of your Booking will be confirmed to you. No refunds can be made after the date of a Booking is confirmed.
2.6 Visitors who may require disabled access must inform US at the time of requesting a Booking to ensure the best experience for all. Due to the nature of the attraction WE would strongly advise you that the attraction requires a degree of walking and standing including walking over cobbled streets. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact to our dedicated reservations team should you wish to know more about disability provision.
2.7 To amend your booking please email our reservations team at email@example.com and WE will try to accommodate your amendment, charges may apply. Amendments must be notified at least 28 days in advance of your arrival time.
2.8 Cancellations must be notified at least 28 days in advance of your arrival time. For full information on Cancellations please see ‘General Information’ below.
2.9 Tour tickets remain the property of Continuum Attractions who may reserve the right to withdraw the tour and therefore the tickets dependant on circumstances outside of our control.
2.10 Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of tour tickets is grounds for seizure or cancellation of those tickets and this will be done with no refund or other compensation.
2.11 Tour tickets may only be partnered with the express written permission of US and all copy, images and creative must receive sign off by US.
2.12 Tour tickets cannot be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes unless formal written permission is given by US.
2.13 Individual Tour tickets will not be issued for Group visits but WE will provide one document with the Booked number of tickets on and this will be checked by US on arrival.
2.14 We will not be responsible for documentation not brought on the day of your visit to ensure your entry.
2.15 For information with regard to your Booking please contact the Reservations Department quoting your Booking Reference number.
2.16 Whilst we try to ensure all prices on our websites, system and contracts are correct, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order.
2.17 It is your responsibility to ascertain whether the Tour is taking place or been cancelled. If a Tour is cancelled, we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you but we do not guarantee that such information will be with you prior to the Tour.
2.18 There will be no pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind.
2.19 All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attraction by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that you do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
3.1 All bookings made MUST be paid in full at the time of booking unless agreed otherwise by our bookings department.
3.2 All payments must be made in pound sterling (£).
3.3 Failure to pay for your visit in the agreed time frame will result in your booking being released back to the open market.
3.4 Payments must be made to our reservations team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or via the online booking form.
4.1 Any children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a person aged 18 years or over whilst on a Tour or on OUR premises. Children shall remain under the control and supervision of a person aged 16 or over at all times.
5. Health and Safety
5.1 From time to time the Tour staff may draw visitors’ attention to certain health and safety procedures to which visitors must adhere including fire evacuation.
5.2 All Tour visitors must comply with all relevant safety regulations and announcements whilst attending a Tour. Any breach of any of these Terms or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damages, nuisance, injury to any other visitor or member of staff or the Tour itself shall give rise to the right of the Tour staff to eject you and any visitor from a Tour or OUR premises if in OUR reasonable opinion admission might be a risk to the safety of others and / or affect the enjoyment of a Tour by others and in particular (but without limitation) where there is a breach of the site rules.
5.3 We reserve the right to refuse entry on to a Tour or remove any person who:
- a. arrives late for their tour;
- b. is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- c. does not respect the nature of the attraction
- d. behaves in a manner which is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors;
- e. behaves in a manner which compromises the safety of other visitors or staff;
- f. uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff; or
- g. goes beyond the boundaries outlined by the Tour Guide
5.4 All visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your tour to allow for all security checks to take place before the tour starts. Guests will be subject to a person and bag search. Please only bring essential items and keep belongings to a minimum. Please note there are no temporary storage facilities for non-permitted bags, so it will be left to the guest to find a safe temporary storage facility. The following items are permitted on the tour:
- Small bags including handbags (under 40cm x 35cm x 19cm - approximately the size of an A3 sheet of paper)
- Large bags including shopping bags (over 40cm x 35cm x 19cm - approximately the size of an A3 sheet of paper)
- Any item where the contents cannot be verified on search such as wrapped presents/gifts
5.5 Smoking is strictly prohibited within all areas.
6. Our liability to you
6.1 If WE fail to comply with these Terms, We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of OUR breach of the Terms or OUR negligence, but WE are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and US at the time we entered into this contact.
6.2 WE do not exclude or limit in any way OUR liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by OUR negligence or the negligence of OUR employees, agents or subcontractors;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- c. breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession)
7. General information
7.1 Due to the nature of the tour being undertaken on a ‘live’ filming lot Continuum (Entertainment) Ltd may cancel any dates which have been provisionally allocated for a tour at any time for any reason. Continuum Attractions shall not be liable to the purchaser or the Subcontractors for any such cancellations. Any Group purchasers shall ensure that there are in place processes in the event of cancellation which will include communicating with potential Visitors who have booked tickets; provision to such Visitors of full refunds.
7.2 Due to the nature of the tour being undertaken on a ‘live’ filming lot Continuum (Entertainment) Ltd may alter or amend the duration and or the route of the tour to protect future plot lines and stories coming in to the public domain until the planned date of publication.
7.3 No-Shows. Standard fees for no-shows are 100% of the booking.
7.4 Refunds. There are no refunds for tickets bought unless you are advised by US that the Tour will not be running.
7.5 Tours. All tours run to a set number of 50 spaces. If you are a Group Booker and your group is less than this we will still charge for the full 50. The only way to ensure a private tour is to pay for all available spaces.
7.6 Translators. Any groups wishing to bring a translator will be required to book a private tour.
7.7 Variation. WE have the right to vary these Terms from time to time by either notifying you of the variation in writing or by updating these Terms as they appear on OUR website.
7.8 From time to time Continuum (Entertainment) Ltd or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the experience, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Operator or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that all rights in these materials rests with the Operator or such authorised party (as the case may be).
7.9 Jurisdiction. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England. WE and you both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
8. On the day of the visit
8.1 We ask all visitors to arrive at the Welcome building 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
8.2 We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone arriving after their scheduled tour time.
8.3 Late arrivals will not be admitted into the tour.
9. Important additional information
9.1 Coronation Street The Tour T&C’s are available at: http://bookings.continuumattractions.com/terms
9.2 Coronation Street Tour website: coronationstreettour.co.uk
9.3 Any promotional information material that is produced to promote the Tour must be approved by US in writing before use, and any intellectually property rights in respect of the Tour must be acknowledged to be owned by ITV Plc.
9.4 All tickets are sold at published walk in rates and no discounts are available. Continuum (Entertainment) Ltd reserve the right to promote individual campaigns and offers during the run of Coronation Street The Tour. Tickets pre-purchased will not be eligible to any refunds to match promotional offers.
Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
Buying Gift Vouchers
1. Gift vouchers must be purchased online at https://bookings.continuumattractions.co.uk/gift-vouchers and may not be resold
2.1. We will aim to post the vouchers by first class post within 72 hours (3 days) of receiving your purchase. If your vouchers are for a special occasion please order early to avoid late deliveries.
2.2. We will send to UK addresses only
2.2. We do not take responsibility for postal addresses which have been incorrectly submitted. Please check you have entered the correct details on the booking form before submitting the form. If you believe you have made an error please contact us immediately.
2.3. If you have reason to believe a gift voucher has not reached the desired recipient, please get in touch and let us know. If the voucher has not been used, we will cancel and void the voucher code and issue a new gift voucher.
3. Gift vouchers cannot be returned or refunded (except in accordance with your legal rights)
Redeeming Gift Vouchers
1. All guests making a booking through any payment method, including gift voucher redemption, are also bound by the terms and conditions of booking found at the top of this page.
2. This voucher is valid for one visit only on a tour date up to and including December 8th 2019 and is subject to availability. Please note Coronation Street The Tour is only open on selected weekends throughout the year.
3. All visits to the Coronation Street The Tour must be prebooked in advance and are subject to availability. To redeem your gift voucher please telephone our reservations line on 01904 261262 to pre-book a tour. Please note the office is open Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. Closed Saturdays and Sunday. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed online or on arrival at the attraction.
4. You will be asked to quote your unique reference number found on the front of your gift voucher.
5. You must bring your gift voucher with you on your visit and surrender it at the admission desk on arrival.
6. This voucher is valid for admission tickets to prebooked Coronation Street The Tour tours only and cannot be used for special events, or towards purchases in the shop
7. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
8. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
9. This voucher has no monetary value and can only be used at Coronation Street The Tour.
10. No change is available, the voucher can only be used for a visit for an adult, child or family (consisting of 2 adults and 2 children) as stated on the voucher.
11. This voucher cannot be replaced if lost
12. Cancellation of booking within 28 days of arrival will render the voucher null and void